I am posting these Charity Works I had done over the past years just for the record and to motivate others to do the same. What I had done is so little as compared to what many others had done.
(1) Helped out physically at Community Centre in packing the donations for the 1999 Turkey Earthquake.
(2) Donated money to Kuan Yin Temple over the years, especially during Year 2000, I would physically travel to Kuan Yin Temple and dropped my money into the Donation Box at Kuan Yin Temple during my lunch hour.
(3) Volunteered as a telephone operator for Ren Ci Charity Show.
(4) Volunteered at Tzu Chi, learned sign language and songs, performed and played games with the less fortunate people at the Care Centres, to bring joy to them.
(5) Donated to Society for the Blind.
(6) Went down to hospitals and residential houses to chant prayers for those who had passed away with the aim that they could go to Pure Land. I actually had to chant the prayers besides the dead bodies.
I must say actually I felt very meaningful and happy doing the Volunteer Work as I believe it is more blessed to give than to receive.
My next step: Volunteer to assist in the routine activities at Peace Connect by being part
of the home-visit team, the home-visit team will distribute lunch, rice, oil and other daily necessities to the needy people.